In this episode of Thyroid Answers Podcast the doctors discuss one of the biggest challenges many of us face and that is the quest to chase vanity.
Vanity is what you want others think or perceive about you. It is the rare human who does not have some concern about another person’s perception of who they are. The challenge is much of what we often do to chase vanity is not in the best interest of our health or quality of life.
In this podcast we discuss:
– Vanity vs Vitality
– “Mistakes” or “myths” people make in a quest to lose weight or searching for their “beach body”
– Why the challenge of abnormal body fat often caused be underlying metabolic conditions (especially Cellular Hypothyroidism)
– Fascia – what is it and what does it have to do with the gut/digestion/a ‘flat stomach’
– Top GUT/flat stomach/core tips
– Discussion on Bio-Individuality: why what works for your friend may not work for you
Dr. Shalini Bhat
FOUNDER/OWNER, FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE, CHIROPRACTIC, ACUPUNCTURE, PILATES
Dr. Bhat is dedicated functional medicine professional with a decade of experience in the health and wellness field. She is the founder of the The Movement Boutique in Toronto, a next generation wellness clinic and designer of programs that are designed to help people achieve optimal wellness through moving, feeling and looking better.
You can sign up for her free “two weeks to a better you” program.