“Wisdom Centered Decision Making” Proverbs 16:1-9, et al.
Pastor Ryan Brice
August 25, 2019
The Lord Sovereignly Reigns Over His Creation
• 1 The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord. 9 The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.
ₒ Proverbs 16:33 ₒ Proverbs 21:1
• 4 The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble.
ₒ Proverbs 11:5
All of Our Decisions are Real, Meaningful, and Have Eternal Consequences
• 2 All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirit.
ₒ Proverbs 21:2 ₒ Proverbs 12:15 ₒ Proverbs 16:25
• 5 Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord; be assured, he will not go unpunished. ₒ Proverbs 19:3
Those Saved by the Lord Have the Ability to Please Him by Making Wise, Obedient Decisions
• 6 By steadfast love and faithfulness iniquity is atoned for, and by the fear of the Lord one turns away from evil.
ₒ Proverbs 14:22 3 Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.
• 7, 8 When a man’s ways please the Lord, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him. Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues with injustice.
ₒ Proverbs 11:20
• We should trust in the Lord’s sovereign plan while seeking to make wise decisions in accordance with His revealed will. ₒ James 4:13-17