Guest Shannon Pritchett from CareerXroads and I talk about the most influential technology to hit talent acquisition in 2019. We also make some predictions for 2020.
Join CareerXRoads http://bit.ly/SA-CXR
MORE EPISODES http://bit.ly/SpeakerAgenda
AI, SMS, Voice Tech, alexa, google home, chat, chatbots, funnels, video, blockchain, workforce analytics, diversity, bias, job boards, social media, employer branding, video job ads, video interviewing, cloud, recruitment marketing automation, API, ATS, CRM yea I think we covered it all.
– Give it a second to catch up to the recording. Okay, welcome my guest, Shannon Pritchett from Career Crossroads. Shannon, thank you so much.
So this is our year end wrap up kinda podcast video cast. I thought I would bring in somebody that is an absolute expert, has been in the industry for years and years, has been on the speaking stage plenty of times at SourceCon and everywhere else. So there’s been a lot of new technologies. There’s been a lot of technologies touted over the last 12 months. At the beginning of 2019, did you make any predictions as to, or have any kind of thoughts about what kind of technologies were really gonna take hold in 2019?
– Oh, gosh. You know, we have to start with this question, ’cause I have a feeling it’s going, this is also gonna be my, what’s gonna happen in 2020, right?
– That we didn’t get to? I was expecting more AI adoption for 2019 and I was also expecting more groundbreaking tools and technologies to emerge and we really didn’t see that this year.
– We saw
– Groundbreaking, what way?
– I don’t know, something that would
– Consolidating all the adhoc kind of verticalized different tools into one tool or?
– Yeah, I think that’s what we’re getting towards, but I was looking for something revolutionary that we haven’t seen before. You know like that magic help button that doesn’t exist. I was looking for something that I didn’t even know what is was. And that’s typically what we see around this time come out, and I don’t think it’s coming out this year, I think there have been so many acquisitions and mergers that you know more building towards those tools. And so instead of companies figuring out, okay this is what I need to build myself, and kinda say oh what if I buy this company, and then bring it to what we have, and that’s gonna build that one big pro-, sorry, proprietary system. But, no, I was kinda looking for something that really didn’t exist. Don’t really know what that is yet, but I was hoping that there would be some new ground breaking, “Ah-ha”, jaw-dropping tool and it didn’t really happen. So I wish I had a more information about what I was looking for, but I’m always looking for, of course that tool that can make everything happen.
– Ah, I kinda get it. I mean, I was hoping for